In order to complete this assignment, you must be comfortable
with the following:
- Taking photos
- Editing photos
- Cropping photos
- Using blending options
- Using the text tool
As well as, basic printing information:
- DPI / Resolution (standard print is 300dpi)
- CMYK vs RGB (standard is CMYK unless otherwise noted - check printer)
- Using rulers / guides
- Margins (standard is 0.25" or 1/4)
- Bleeds (standard is 0.125" or 1/8th) * Check with printers this can change
DOCUMENT SET UP:
1. Create a new document , size depends on if you are adding bleeds
300 dpi, CMYK
2. Using PS guides, set up where your margins and gutters are.
3. You are going to have to determine if you would use 1 document with
folders for the front and back OR Have 2 documents.
In industry - if the printer wants .tiff or .pdf then you are fine to have
1 document. However, if you are working with a client that wants the
.psd file, it is easier for them to have 2 documents. Get to know who
these documents are being created for.